The Youth Justice Coalition is a network of youth workers, children’s lawyers, policy workers and academics who work to promote the rights of children and young people in NSW and across Australia.
- To promote the rights of children and young people, including their rights under the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and other international human rights instruments;
- To promote appropriate and effective initiatives and responses in juvenile justice, child welfare and other areas of law affecting children and young people;
- To ensure that children’s and young people’s views, interests and rights are taken into account in law reform and policy debate.
WE ACHIEVE THIS BY:
- Contributing to law reform and policy reform debate;
- Undertaking research;
- Lobbying government;
- Consulting with children and young people;
- Supporting and facilitating participation of young people in expressing their views;
- Engaging with the media.